Our skin faces pollution, stress, fatigue, etc. every day. A series of factors that over the years make us see ourselves differently in the mirror, although our vitality is that of 10 years ago. As much as we are people with a young spirit, time passes for everyone and at some point age comes to your body. However, there are many ways to make yourself feel comfortable in front of the mirror. Apart from creams and treatments that you can carry out to prevent aging, diet is essential not only to lead a healthy lifestyle, but also to look younger. The key is to eat foods that are anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. This is especially found in foods that contain Vitamins A, C and E, minerals such as zinc, magnesium and selenium. Here is a list of foods that help us prevent aging:
- Avocado. It has moisturizing properties, it also stimulates the formation of collagen and is a great source of Vitamin E, potassium and antioxidants, so we can achieve a better appearance of the skin thanks to its regular consumption. It is also good for dermatitis and to reduce the chances of heart attacks.
- Berries Fruits such as strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries, ... but especially blueberries. The latter are recognized as the only treatment to reduce the deterioration of the motor function of aging thanks to the high levels of anthocyanins they possess. Also, they are good for the brain and heart.
- Walnuts They have a large amount of protein and potassium, which lowers blood pressure, as well as Omega 3 fatty acids. It is best to eat them raw, since walnuts can be found in many variants and consuming them salty and / or toasted in large quantities be harmful.
- Vegetables. It is the natural source of antioxidants, reducing the aging of our body and helping us to have a healthier body by reducing the amount of free radicals. The most advisable vegetables to reduce aging are green leafy ones. In addition, carrots can also help us fight aging thanks to their beta-carotene, which increases the production of collagen in our body. If we take a medium carrot a day we will notice how our skin remains firmer.
- Salmon. It is the healthiest source of protein that exists. It has Omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, which give it antioxidant properties that are beneficial for our skin. In addition to physically, consuming salmon we will also notice it in our brain, since it contains dimethylaminoethanol, which helps us to think more clearly and improve our memory.
- Green Tea. In Eastern culture it has been consumed for thousands of years, and is synonymous with a drink that promotes longevity and good health. It contains more than 50 antioxidant substances in addition to acting as a fat-burner, thus helping to control our weight. Thanks to the powerful polyphenol that it possesses, it promotes detoxification and there is even talk that it helps to reactivate the dead cells of our skin.